It’s not unusual for children and adults to be given a variety of these medications, often too freely. In an effort to move away from this harmful, sometimes fatal trend, many people seek the benefits of herbal treatments to reduce the symptoms of ADD / ADHD. There are a few types of herbal that can help to decrease ADD/ADHD symptoms:
- Gotu Kola : This herb has been known to produce additional neurotransmitters and contributes to enhanced blood flow which can increase mental function and improve the ability to concentrate.
- Ginko Biloba : Used by many for their belief that it improves brain function immensely (it may even be effective in helping reduce the effects of Alzheimer’s disease), Gingko biloba plays a critical role in delivering blood and blood sugars to the brain and certain nerve cells.
- Ginseng : ADHD is often associated with deficits in dopamine-related neurological pathways. Studies show ginseng compounds can fight this deficiency, helping expedite neurodevelopment and also contributing to improved communication between neuronal cells. It’s often used for alertness and to improve concentration.
- Valerian : Valerian can be given to as a treatment for ADHD. Valerian has been said to promote relaxation and more restful sleep in individuals, without drowsiness that can impair one’s abilities.
- Herbal Teas : Herbal teas that contain chamomile, spearmint, lemon grass, and other herbs and flowers are generally considered to be safe options for children and adults who want to relax. They are often recommended as a way to encourage rest and sleep. These teas may be best used before bedtime.
- Brahmi : Brahmi also known as water hyssop, is a marsh plant that grows wild in India. The herb, made from the leaves and steams of the plant, has long been used for improving mental function and memory.
- Green Oats : Green oats are unripe oats. The product, also known as “wild oat extract,” comes from the crop before it matures. Green oats are sold under the name Avena sativa. They have long been thought to help calm nerves and treat stress and anxiety.
- Ginseng : Ginseng is an herbal remedy from China, has a reputation for stimulating brain function and increasing energy. The “red ginseng” variety also has some potential to calm symptoms of ADHD.
- Pine Bark (Pycnogenol) : Pycnogenol ia a plant extract from the bark of the French maritime pine tree. Researchers gave 61 children with ADHD either 1 mg of pycnogenol or a placebo once a day for four weeks. Result showed that the pycnogenol reduced hyperactivity and improved attention and concentration.
To get the best and most effective acupuncture treatment, you can try from a very famous Chinese Master in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. He is an expert in treating various kinds of diseases and illnesses.